Loosing a thing as small as a USB is no biggy but once you loose it how somebody knows to get back to you so he or she can return your USB drive or How do you block anybody to access the USB drive itself.
USB Lost and Found is a tool ( Via Ghacks )you can use to setup your USB drive for both leaving a signature in the format of message , which can contain your email id or phone number and you can also lock it so it asks for a password every time it is connected to a computer.
The lockdown mode is availble in pro version which is paid but the free version should help you out genereally. But if you are really concerned about the USB drive then just buy it.
Features of USB Lost and Found :
- Free version only has the Message method.
- Pro version has the Message method and the Lock Down method.
- Tricks users to not open it with AutoPlay and run Lock Down/Message.
- Double clicking the USB drive in My Computer causes Lock Down/Message to run.
- Fine with many Anti-viruses.
The only thing which I am not sure is how effective is the lockdown. If somebody formats it, how does it handle the situation. It hadles double click but does it handle right click or can it overwride Administrator privilages.