Default Firefox Download windows is very basic with only option to delete items from the list, open the folder etc. These actions are all set into the right-click menu. If you do not use any other download manager, today I would recommend you to try a Firefox Add-on, Download Manager Tweak, which enhances the default download windows of Firefox giving direct options and enhances the overall experience.
This add-on complete revamp the download window by adding top menu which are one click control like Open Folder, Remove from list, launch. It also adds a delete button which is not available with the default download window. Also when you select a download you can see the source, folder where it is stored and time of download. Very Convenient.
If you find the menu items bit too much, this add-on gives you control for each item.
- You can choose which buttons should be displayed.
- You can also change it show only image or only text.
- Control if Firefox themes can change the download manager window.
- Combine the delete from list with file delete making it act like shift delete of windows.
- Automatically launch files when the download is complete.
- Remove the completed download from the list.
You can compare it with the old interface which just has a list of downloads and right-click brings the minimum required menu. If you do not use any download manager and use Firefox, I would recommend you to use this add-on which will save you lot of time and make your experience much smooth. Download from here.