The Microsoft Management Console (MMC) is a component of modern Microsoft Windows operating systems that provides system administrators and advanced users with a flexible interface through which they may configure and monitor the system. The console allows you to bring various tools in one place using snap-ins. Third-parties can also implement their snap-ins using the MMC application programming interfaces published at MSDN. In this post, we will share Microsoft Management Console Window Keyboard Shortcuts.
Microsoft Management Console MMC keyboard shortcuts
In simple language, remember the Control Panel? There we have administrative tools too. You will see a lot of tools that are used to maintain the system and its usage. Device Manager, Disk Defragmenter, Internet Information Services, Disk Management, Event Viewer, Local Users and Groups, Shared Folders, and other tools are some of them. Control Panel is an advanced form of MMC Window.
So here are some keyboard shortcuts for the administrative people or anybody who play around with MMC.
Keyboard Shortcuts: Microsoft Management Console Window
- Ctrl+P (Print the current page or active pane)
- Alt+Minus sign (-) (Display the window menu for the active console window)
- Shift+F10 (Display the Action shortcut menu for the selected item)
- F1 key (Open the Help topic, if any, for the selected item)
- F5 key (Update the content of all console windows)
- Ctrl+F10 (Maximize the active console window)
- Ctrl+F5 (Restore the active console window)
- Alt+Enter (Display the Properties dialog box, if any, for the selected item)
- F2 key (Rename the selected item)
- Ctrl+F4 (Close the active console window. When a console has only one console window, this shortcut closes the console)
To open MMC, type MMC in the Run prompt and press the Enter key. You can also create a shortcut on the desktop and link it to %windir%\system32\mmc.exe.
Related Post: Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Keyboard Shortcut