Microsoft had recently released a technical preview of their next Office Version 2010, released the New Version, Office 2010 which had codename as Office 14. There are lot of modifications and new features which not only makes Office 2010 a better product but also lets you do everything on the move.
Before actually I start talking about features and how to etc I would give you couple of reason which might help you to buy Office 2010.
- Back Stage and Splash Screen to make loading smooth
- Protected View keeps you safe from untrusted files and codes which can damage your data.
- Recover Unsaved document using Office 2010.
- Microsoft Office 2007 introduced the Ribbon menu. Now, in Office 2010, you can customize the ribbon menu it and add your own items and bring stuff which you had been using commonly in one place.
- How to Remove background from images using Office 2010
- Its way faster than Microsoft Office 2007. I tried with Outlook and it loads much faster. Office 2007 used to freeze for few seconds but not Office 2010. I can feel it has load data on demand structure.
- Office has adapted to How We work in office or home. For example if you are forwarding a mail in a particular format to everybody, You can define a call to action for this and do it one lesser clicks and typing.
- Threaded conversation like Gmail, Sleeker interface, Clean up Inbox by removing duplicate messages and more.
- Integration with Instant Messaging Services like hotmail and Outlook Social connector for Facebook, Linked in etc.
- It has more features in the core, which will free you from some of the third party software we were using before. Like you can take screen shots from within all office applications now.
- Auto Change Font Colour when replying / forward in Outlook
PowerPoint 2010 :
- More animation control and video support in PowerPoint.
- Setup tool in PowerPoint 2010 makes easy to setup slideshow
- What is PowerPoint Picture Presentation
Word 2010 :
- Office Web Application : Similar to Google Docs and Zoho applications now Office is availble With SkyDrive and Facebook using Docs. This will help you do all editing, creating presentation from the browser. This would be availble free of cost to all the users.
- How to use Footnotes and Endnotes in Word 2010
Excel 2010 :
- Excel Just got better to handle huge amount of data within excel file and introduction to Sparklines, Slicer and improved conditional formatting.
OneNote 2010 :
- How to recover deleted sections of Office OneNote 2010
- How to use OneNote to make notes with Office Word
- How to search within Audio and Video in OneNote
- Insert Maths formula in OneNote using Ink to Math
- How to check web compatibility of Access Database
There are lot that can be talked about but there are few reasons which can help you to decide why you need to buy Office 2010. We will keep you updated every weekend on more features of Office 2010 and help you decide why to to buy Office 2010.
I would highly recommend you to download a trial copy of Microsoft Office 2010 and give it a try.