Windows 7 / Vista provides you with feature where you can track who is accessing the shared folder but there is no way you can track what files changed in those folders. This is where Directory changes watcher comes into play. This portable application can keep a watch on any of selected folders to track whenever the changes take place.
Apart from tracking the changes, DCW ( Directory changes watcher ) can also create a mirror of that folder which makes sure you can get revert back the changes in case.
Here is the list of features for directory changes watcher :
- Recursively scans directory provided in Directory to watch project option saving time of last change for every file found.
- Creates Mirror by Recursively scanning the directory provided in Directory to watch project option. It compares time of last change for every file found with time saved during latest capture.
- Supports watch for multiple folders. You can watch any number of directory changes by creating separate projects for them.
- Exclude Certain files by creating filters.
- The only drawback here is the sub folders and files inside it are not tracked which I am hoping can be implemented in future releases.
Find out the complete details on more options @ Directory Changes Watcher