OneDrive icon is the gateway to the rich features that the OneDrive Service holds. Sometimes this icon goes missing from the Taskbar. It is usually placed on the right side of the Taskbar in Windows 10. This guide will help you find the OneDrive icon missing from the Taskbar in Windows 10
Is OneDrive Icon missing from Taskbar?
The OneDrive icon serves a vital role in the Windows Operating System. But what if it goes missing? There are several reasons why the Onedrive icon can go missing. Sometimes it may disappear from the Taskbar, which leads to difficulties in accessing the OneDrive.
Here’s how you can find the OneDrive icon.
Fix: OneDrive Icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10
You can fix the OneDrive icons missing issue quickly by some of the following methods:
- Check if the OneDrive icon is hidden.
- Make sure that the OneDrive icon is allowed to appear on the Taskbar
- Check your Group Policy
- Reset OneDrive
- Setup OneDrive from Scratch
Follow these steps one by one to find the missing OneDrive icon.
1] Check if the OneDrive icon is hidden
The problem of the hidden icon is widespread in Windows 10. When you have many icons in the taskbar, Windows hides some of the icons to make your taskbar look more organized. So make sure the OneDrive icon has not been hidden away.
To find out the hidden icon, click on the upwards pointing arrow mark from Taskbar and check if there is any cloud icon. Now, move your cursor over the cloud icon. If it says OneDrive, then it means that the OneDrive icon is missing from the taskbar. To get it on the taskbar back, you need to drag and drop it, and you are ready to go.
2] Make sure that the OneDrive icon is allowed to appear on the Taskbar
Make sure the OneDrive icon is enabled in your Windows taskbar. If not, then follow these steps to pin the OneDrive folder to your taskbar:
- Right-click on the Taskbar
- Select Taskbar Settings from the menu.
- Choose Select Which Icons appear on the Taskbar from the Notification Area.
- Find out the Microsoft OneDrive, and switch the toggle ON.
Now check whether the issue OneDrive icon missing from the Taskbar is solved or not.
3] Check Group Policy
Sometimes there can be a problem caused by third-party applications or anti-tracking programs, which may affect making modifications to the Operating system and may disable the OneDrive icon.
You need to check the Local Group Policy Editor to find and resolve any modifications caused by third-party programs on OneDrive. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Win+R to open the Run box.
- In the search box, type gpedit.msc > Click OK.
- Now, open Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive.
- Right-click on Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage > Edit.
- Select Not Configured > Apply > Ok.
Once you are finished with all the steps, you can reboot your computer and check the issue OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar is solved.
4] Reset OneDrive
If a broken OneDrive cache causes the issue, then you can fix the problem by resetting One Drive. Follow these steps to reset your OneDrive:
- Press Windows + R to open Run
- Type the command and click OK
- Wait for about two minutes to see if the OneDrive icon appears. If it does not, type the next command.
Hopefully, this will fix the issue.
5] Setup OneDrive from Scratch
If you didn’t find any improper modifications on the Local Group Policy Editor, then it’s time to reinstall the application from scratch.
Here’s how you do it:
- Start > Type cmd to open the Command prompt
- Click on Run as administrator
- Type the following commands in the command window one by one
Note: Before proceeding with further OneDrive install/uninstall procedure, confirm your windows architecture which may be 64-bit or 32-bit.
For 32 bit Windows 10 (Press Enter after typing the commands)
For 64 bit Windows 10 (Press Enter after typing the commands)
After all the steps are finished, you can reboot your computer and check whether the OneDrive icon missing is solved.
Once you follow all these steps, it will solve your problem. I hope this post will help you fix the OneDrive icon missing from the Taskbar in Windows 10.