Many a times you would like to keep few sets of folder always in sync for example you have an important document folder for which you want to have a synchronized folder on a network computer or may be on a backup drive. So anytime you add file or change a file the same is reflected on the destination folder.
Pure Sync is a free tool which lets you manage this situation. You can sync the outlook pst file or songs or even important document on laptop and desktop so you get the same thing when you are on the move. Lets get to know how pure sync works.
Creating a Sync Profile :
Pure Snc lets you create multiple profile to manage any number of folders you want to synchronize . While creating a profile it gives you 3 options.
- Synchronize folders
- Backup folder or drive
- Foto Sync for keeping pictures in digital camera in sync.
- Transfer Files from one computer to another.
Synchronizing Folders and Foto Sync are almost same but with later you get arranged according to date. This makes sense as I would like to know which pictures where taken when by just seeing the folders.
Select options for Synchronization :
You get options to
- To include sub folders or only selected folders
- Create folders according to date. This is useful if you want to track according to date.
- Ask for a destination folder every time you sync. This gives you more control if you want to keep changing you destination folder. Like when you want to copy it into a USB drive.
- Synchronize only few file types and skip some of them according to extension.
When you want to Synchronize :
- When the destination drive is connected
- When a file is modified. You can add some delay here which will help you if you want to revert.
- Create a schedule like night is suitable and you know that you had made all changes.
- And if you would like to totally skip and get a report of what has changed i.e. comparison result , you can do that too.
Done this you get the synchronization profile open for the first time. This is even more interesting because it gives you lot more options for syncing.
- You can select individual file to synchronize or not
- Find conflicts
- Copy from any of the folder.
- Swap between two.
I found the filters which is on the bar of the folders. They make the job for a novice user very easy.
Another very important feature which I saw in this program was that it can sync even locked files like outlook file which are locked when you are using it. However this will need administrator password , you should have NTFS file system and its only availble in pro version of it.
Pure Sync is an excellent desktop synchronization program for files and folders on Windows. This is not only easy to use but not heavy on system and not difficult to use. I would recommend this if you are looking for a free and efficient synchronization program.