Twitter supports uploading of images using their own domain twimg.com which is powered by Photobucket. I am sure when a tweete is deleted, it takes sometime for the images to be removed. In this post, I will share a simple trick to recover deleted images on Twiiter. However, you should know a bit.
Note: Twitter doesnt show image URL any more or Powered by Photobucket. You will have use Image Source to figure out the image URL.
Recover deleted images Posted on Twitter
Now once uploaded and your tweet is posted you get a special url which will be like pic.twitter.com/XXXX which when accessed directly displays something like https://twitter.com/#!/ashishmohta/status/102325001285419008/photo/1.
To delete a photo you need to delete your tweet, makes sense, but what is interesting is the photos can still be recovered if you have a direct link to the image. It is in the form of https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9L8zdhUYAEBZLH
This obviously means that photos are not deleted instantly when you delete your tweet. So there are only two things that is possible :
- Either they are set as deleted and only removed using a bulk process. Looking at how big twitter user base is, this theory looks strong.
- Or Twitter is not deleting the images at all which I think can raise concern. However I did not find any policy on twitter which explains this.
Example of my own tweet
- This is a tweet I made with a picture: https://twitter.com/#!/ashishmohta/status/102325001285419008
- This is the URL of the picture which was shown: pic.twitter.com/7fKCcXu
- This is the URL of the image which I can still access through the tweet and link of the image above is gone.https://p.twimg.com/AWuIC-mCQAAWzFf.jpg
What do you think? Does it work for you? Remember it is only useful when you have the image of tweeted photo, else you cannot find it.