When using Windows we always tend to organize applications either using Application Launcher or changing the position of items listed under Start Menu or even pinning it to task bar. The same idea can be implemented to the browsers and luckily for Firefox we have an extension, Personal Menu, which lets you edit the standard Firefox Menu and add, replace or delete menus which you often use.
Why You Need this ?
Options like History, Add-ons, Configuration, Recently Closed Tabs are not available away, You need to click couple of times or use the Alt key to bring back the drop down menus and then use it. Now since Firefox has a redesigned menu access system with brand new Office Like button, having menus which are regularly accessed right there makes a lot of sense. So instead of pressing alt and then finding the menu you just use the Firefox New Menu to use it.
Features of Personal Menu :
- Remove existing Menus on Firefox.
- Add Menus provided by the Add-on like Browsing History Full View and Bookmarks Full View
- Add Direct options for Restart, Configurations
- Existing Menus can be rearranged under one header or can be regrouped under different section.
- Full menu Editor with support to Separators, Space and Flexible Space.
- One Click option to change to Split Menu
- Configure Bookmark and History buttons to be available along with Home Buttons right next to address bar.
- Use Middle Click of Mouse to see history or right click to bookmark a page.
How can it look like when you change the menu ?
Like you can see below I have removed most of the menu items which I did no use. Instead I have added full expanded History and Bookmarking. Also I have New menu Technospot and option to restart Firefox.
The Menu Editor :
The Menu editor is like a standard menu editor but highly configurable It uses the New Firefox Menu Layout i.e. two column. Left hand site of the editor has all the standard men options including the one which comes under Menu Bar. Any item which is already added to your Firefox Menu will appear as disabled.
Apart from this you can configure options for Bookmarks, History and disable the standard menu bar which appears when you press the alt key. If you do not want any body else to change your menu layout, remove Edit this menu item to appear in the list. In this case you will have to go to Addons and then options to launch this editor.