We often come across emails from friends or relatives, hitting our Inbox, demanding for our contact number, as their cell phone, or mobile handset, the smartphone has been stolen or lost, and our contact details too flew off with that handset. In-fact this friend or relative could be you, who lost his cell phone and you can not do anything to trace it back.
It seems that now an elixir for such situations has arrived. VMS is a product of Innova Technologies. VMS stands for “Virtual Mobile Security”.
Features of VMS
- VMS allows the user to get notified for any calls (incoming or outgoing), messages (sent or received), any changes made in the phonebook, after the theft of cell-phone, smartphones
- User also comes to know about the new SIM number, at the registered number, which has been inserted in handset after the theft.
- User can spy the thief, by making a call to a new inserted SIM, and hearing the conversation of the thief, without the knowledge of thief.
- The siren alarm can be raised in lost cell-phone, in order to let people in the vicinity of lost cell-phone know about the phone theft.
- Either a particular name from the phonebook or the whole phonebook can be retrieved remotely by the owner of the cell-phone.
- Cell-phone can be locked, in order to prevent the misuse of data.
- Compatible Handsets : N72,N70,N90,6682,6681,6680,3230,6670,6630,6260,7610,6620,6600, N-Gage etc.
How Virtual Mobile Security Works
#1 Choosing a Password and Hotkey
After the installation of VMS, it automatically asks for a user-defined password, after this hotkey is to be defined, hotkey also works as a shortcut to open VMS.
Now VMS Registration is to be done, a 14-digit key is to be used for registration.
#3 Define Registered Number
Registered number, it is the mobile number, on which user will get the details of his lost or stolen cell-phone, where user can use any mobile number, e.g. number of his/her spouse, friend, etc.
Now, scrolling further, the user comes to the settings menu, here different sub-menus can be customized.
This allows user, to customize the working of VMS in attack mode. When VMS finds that cell-phone has been stolen or lost or misplaced, auto-answer call, SMS to registered mobile, raising the siren alarm, etc. are the sub-menus here. In the same way, further menus can be scrolled and customized.
VMS is expected to launch soon, you can fill ticket, in order to get the details of the launch. Yet I did not get any information on site, but according to the show “Cell-Guru” on NDTV, VMS has already launched in Chennai (India).
Have Your Say
Would you be interested in a service like this? As many of use do tend to lose our cell phones with all important data, what would be your thought and comments on this? Do share it with us