In this post, I am sharing tips that you can use to manage the apps you download from Microsoft Store in Windows 10. These are handy if you are new to Windows 10, and dealing with store apps for the first time. Here is the list of Windows 10 Store Apps Tips and Tricks.
Windows 10 Microsoft Store Apps Tips and Tricks
Here are some quick tips that will come in handy when you often use apps from the Microsoft Store.
- View all apps installed from the Store
- Hide unnecessary apps from the app list
- Uninstall Apps
- Force Update Apps
- Quick Actions
1] View all apps installed from the Store
- Launch the Store, and click on the three dots on the top right. Then click on My Library
- It will only display apps which are owned by you.
- If you want to see apps that are installed on the computer, then click on Installed.
You also have the option to view all, currently downloading, and read to install apps.
2] Hide Apps from My Library
A list of apps you would have installed or at least used once grows over time. You may want to hide some of the apps to reduce the clutter. When in My Library, click on the three dots next to each app, and then click on the Hide button. It is only available for products which you haven’t installed.
There is also a ReHide button that can hide all these apps instantly.
3] Remove or Uninstall Microsoft Store Apps in Windows 10
This is something you will appreciate in Windows 8 and Windows 10. To remove any app and its data, you do not need to go to Add and Remove Program anymore. Instead, you need to right-click, and you will get an option that says “Uninstall App.” Click on it and the app will be uninstalled. It will remove the app right from there.
4] Force Update Windows 10 Store Apps
I have seen that apps from Microsoft Store apps dont get update often. I would blame it to Microsoft because the Store doesn’t run in the background properly and make sure it keeps updating the app in the background.
- Open Microsoft Store
- Click on the three dots, and then click on Downloads and Updates
- Once you there, click on Get Updates button to force check if there is an update available for any of the installed apps.
- It should start downloading the new version if its available.
5] Quick Actions: Resize, Pin to Taskbar, Share and More
Right-click on any Microsoft Store app in the Start menu or application list, and you will have access to quick actions. You can resize tiles, Pin to Taskbar, Share, and more.
I hope these tips and tricks for Windows 10 Apps from Microsoft Store helped in learning small features which can make a difference.