Creating a single folder is what we do all the time, but let’s say you would like to create ten folders. Little hard work right. Even we face problems like it, but the good news is that there are some smart solutions for this situation. In this post, we will show how you can create multiple folders at the same time or at once.
How to create Multiple Folders at the same time in Windows 10
We are going to use these two methods, which are simple and straightforward.
1] Use Command Prompt to create multiple folders
- Use Win + R to open the Run, and then type cmd followed by the Enter key to open Command Prompt
- Navigate to the folder using the “cd” command where you want to create multiple folders.
- Type in MKDIR folder1 folder2 folder3 folder4 and hit the enter key to create these four folders in one shot
- If you want to create a nested folder, then use “mkdir -p folder1/folder2/folder3.”
2] Use Text file: Txt2dir
Now instead of typing all the names on the command prompt, you can also type it in a simple text file and then use Txt2Dir software to create folders from the text file. Before going ahead, download this software, its free.
- Use Win + R to open the Run, and then type notepad followed by the Enter key to open Notepad
- Type in all folder names, one on each line. You can use the subdirectory structure also.
- Set destination directory and create directories.
- Launch Text2Dir. The first thing you need to do is navigate to the folder or drive where the text file is.
- When you are there, the txt file should appear next to the folder explorer.
- Select the text file, and click on add source.
- Next, use the same file explorer and navigate to the folder or drive where all these folders should be created.
- Once there, click on add to destination.
- Click on the Run button to start the process.
The only drawback of the software is that being free limits folder count to four. So if you want to create more using this software, you will need to buy the license.
I am sure there are a lot of software which can do the same, so if you know, any, let us know. Also, I hope you were able to follow the guide and create multiple folders in one go.