Sony Ericsson announced the 5th generation P-series smart phone, based on Symbian v9.1 ( OS designed for Mobile Devices) with the UIQ 3.0 interface. UIQ is a software platform based upon Symbian OS. Essentially used as a graphical user interface layer that provides additional components to the core OS, to enable the development of feature-rich mobile phones that are open to expanded capabilities through third-party application. It not only supports as a 3G and GSM phone, but also also supports Wi-fi (802.11b) and Internet telephony built in.
Features of Sony Ericcson P1 Smart Phone
- Wide range of push email solutions which includes support for Exchange ActiveSync and BlackBerry platform.
- Web browsing applications.
- Connectivity via 3G (UMTS/WCDMA) and Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi).
- Dual function keyboard, full alphanumeric QWERTY keyboard
- The system offers the choice of text input method including handwriting and word completion.
- 3.2 megapixel camera
- Business card scanner
- 2.6” touchscreen with 240 x 320 pixels.
- Opera Web Browser (Ready to use)
- Music and Video player
- Built-in FM radio.
- The Phone comes with a 512MB Memory Stick Micro.
- 160 MB User Memory (internal)
- Device measurement 106 x 55 x 17 mm
- Weaighs just 124 grams.
- Battery can stand up to 10 hrs on GSM and 30 Minuets on UMTS Networks
- Remote Wipe facility which can be used in case if the handset is stolen or lost
- Mobile TV – H.264 playback
This mobile comes packed with the following accessories
- Stereo Headset HPM-62
- Desk Stand CDS-65
- 512MB Memory Stick MicroTM (M2TM)
- PC Software
- USB Cable
- Extra Stylus (for touchscreen use)
- Protective Pouch
- Standard Phone Charger
Though its too early for a 5G phones ( We still are rolling over 3G and 4G phone ) , I find this phone is pretty good with so many feature. Though the Battery life is still low as the other phones like N95. But the wireless feature and keyboard allows people to use it one handedly. Sounds good.