Device Sync is one of the essential features of modern-day devices. Having the data on your devices in perfect sync will ensure that you have everything at your fingertips across all the devices. If you are someone who uses different Windows PC at different places, having all the Windows settings in sync will be much needed as it saves time and ensures better productivity. This post will guide you on how you can sync Windows user profiles and settings between multiple PCs on Windows 11/10
Why Sync Windows User Profile and Settings?
There are lasting benefits to keeping Windows User Profile and Settings in sync. Some of them are:
- Better Productivity: You can keep switching and working between multiple computers without a single hiccup as syncing settings and profile will ensure that everything works as you want it across all your computers. Your Microsoft Edge browser settings are also synced automatically.
- Time-Saving: Whenever setting up a new device, making the settings the way you want them is time-consuming and may even take some hours for people. You can avoid this by just using a Microsoft account to sync all those settings.
- Sync Between Work And Personal PC: You can seamlessly sync your work and personal PC, meaning that you can have all the necessary settings of your work PC at home, making it easier for you to work from anywhere.
There are many other benefits of syncing Windows user-profiles and settings between multiple PCs. Please keep in mind that to sync the settings and profiles across different computers, you have to have the same Microsoft account as the administrator across all the PCs.
Now that you better understand the benefits of having everything in sync. Let’s look at the steps for Sync settings across Windows 11 and Windows 10 on multiple computers.
Sync Windows User Profiles and Settings Between Multiple PCs
In the previous versions of Windows, up to Windows 7, you could not sync your Windows user profile and settings between multiple PCs. It was made possible with the coming of Windows 8. Since then, the feature has become popular and widely used. This article will talk about how to sync Windows user profiles and settings between multiple PCs. Make sure to go through the complete article for a clear understanding.
To Sync Windows user profiles and settings between multiple PCs, the settings for Windows 10 and Windows 11 are slightly different. We’ll discuss them both in this section.
Sync Windows User Profiles and Settings Between Multiple PCs in Windows 11
Follow these steps to sync user profiles and settings in Windows 11:
- Open Windows settings by pressing Windows+I keys or accessing it from the start menu.
- Go to Accounts from the options and scroll down to find the Windows Backup option. Open it.
- Now, you’ll see a Remember my preferences option with a toggle. Please turn it on and click the arrow next to it to open a drop-down menu.
- Now tick all three options, namely, Passwords, Language Preferences, and Other Windows Settings, to sync Windows settings and user profiles between multiple PCs on Windows 11.
Sync Windows 10 User Profile and Settings across multiple Computers
Unlike Windows 11, in Windows 10, you can even sync your PC theme across multiple computers. It makes the experience more personalized. Here are the steps you have to follow to sync your Windows 10 settings across multiple devices:
If you use the same Microsoft account on multiple computers, you can choose to sync the user profile and settings between both the computers. It makes sure you have the same experience when you switch from Home PC to a Work PC if that works for you. In this post, I will share how to Sync Windows 10 User Profile and Settings across multiple Computers.
- Open the Windows Settings by pressing Win + I keyboard shortcut
- In Windows settings, look for the Accounts option and open it
- In the Accounts settings, click on the Sync Your Settings option from the left pane.
- Now, you can toggle four options: Theme, Passwords, Language Preferences, and Other Windows Settings. Toggle them according to your preference to sync Windows settings across multiple devices on Windows 10.
I hope the post was easy to follow, and you were able to get a clear understanding of how to sync Windows User Profiles and Settings between multiple PCs (Windows 11/10)
What can be synced across Windows PCs and Laptops?
- Personalized settings like Colors, Background, and Lock Screen
- Windows 10 Themes, i.e., Background Images, Sounds, Event Sounds, etc
- Ease of Access: Settings for Speech Recognition, magnifier, etc.
- Language Preferences, Keyboard, display language
- Windows Apps Settings. Remember, not all settings will sync; only whichever app chooses to sync.
- Taskbar, Windows Explorer, etc.
Does Syncing Windows Settings Across Multiple Devices Require Internet?
Yes, to sync settings across multiple devices on Windows, the devices need to have internet connectivity, at least during setting up. The data required for the sync is minimal, and the process hardly takes any time.
Can I Use The Same Microsoft Account On Multiple PCs?
Yes, you can use the same Microsoft account on multiple PCs and sync your settings across them. However, this limit is set to 10 PCs at a time.
How to Setup PC Sync between Multiple PCs
First, make sure that all the computers or tablets where you have used Windows use the same Microsoft Account. To confirm if the device you are logged in, go to Settings > Accounts > Sync your Settings, and see if you see a message which says :
We won’t sync Sign-in info to help protect your personal information unless you confirm this PC is trusted. Confirm this PC
When you click on the Confirm this PC, it will open your account settings and show you a list of devices you need to confirm. Once confirmed, your settings will sync for that PC.
Once confirmed, select the list of settings you want to sync. It includes themes, Passwords, Language preferences, Ease of Access, and other Windows settings. If you want to sync passwords, you need to verify your identity.