Using a browser with extensions is very common. When you have multiple addons, and your Firefox is not working as expected, it is best to disable all the addons. In this post, we will share how you can restart the browser with all Addons disabled. There are two options. One is you can choose to restart Firefox in Safe mode, or you can refresh Firefox to start from scratch.
How to Restart Firefox in Safe Mode or Refresh Firefox
- Launch Firefox and click on the hamburger menu on the top right
- Then click on Help.
- Look for the menu which says Restart with Add-ons disabled.
- Click on confirm, and the browser will restart in its vanilla state.
When you choose to restart, Firefox will pop another window where it will offer you two options:
1] Start Firefox in Safe Mode
It is a particular mode of Firefox that can be used to troubleshoot issues. Your add-ons and custom settings will be temporarily disabled. And Firefox features may not perform as they currently do.
There is one small problem there is no option provided to enable all the add ons with the same switch. You will need to enable all of them one by one.
In previous versions, Firefox used to give more granular options. Instead of Disabling addons, you could choose to reset.
- Reset Toolbars and Controls
- Delete All Bookmarks
- Reset user preferences on Firefox Defaults
- Restore to the default search engine.
These are not available anymore.
2] Refresh Firefox
If you’re having problems with Firefox, refreshing it can help. When you refresh Firefox, it can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its default state. It will save your essential information like bookmarks, passwords, and open tabs.
Firefox will save these items:
- Browsing and download history
- Open windows and tabs
- Webform auto-fill information
- Personal dictionary
Firefox Refresh will remove items and settings
- Extensions and themes
- Website permissions
- Modified preferences
- Added search engines
- DOM storage
- Security certificate and device settings
- Download actions
- Toolbar customizations
- User styles (chrome subfolder containing userChrome and/or user content CSS files, if previously created.)
How to Restart Firefox, i.e. Plain Simple Restart :