Many a time we need to keep files hidden, and while Windows offers to show and hide Files and Folders quickly, it still takes some steps. The same goes for file extensions. At times you need to check the extension, which again takes a few steps. In this post, I am sharing a shell extension that can add a right-click menu. Using that, you can quickly show Hidden Files, Folders, and File extension with a right-click.
Show Hidden Files, Folders and File extension with a right-click
- Download Shell Tools software from here
- Install it and right-click on any folder, and you should see a set of new options, including Show hidden files and file extensions.
- Select it to show hidden files and click again to hide the folders and files.
Shell Tools Features and Options
To customize further, click on Shell Tools options. Here you can
- Copy path, Copy Size, and File Note. The later is useful to create a note about an exe or a folder, etc., i.e. Read Me like files.
- If you keep resizing images, you can set several fixed resize height and width. Next, when you right-click on the image, you can quickly resize it to a predefined size.
- Font Files can be loaded installed easily.
If you plan to use the image resize feature, you need to install the ImageMagick graphics library. It must also be installed (Windows Binary Release). ImageMagick is free software that offers its library to be used anywhere you want. You can use it to create, edit, compose, or convert bitmap images. It can read and write images in a variety of formats (over 200), including PNG, JPEG, GIF, HEIC, TIFF, DPX, EXR, WebP, Postscript, PDF, and SVG.
Use ImageMagick to resize, flip, mirror, rotate, distort, shear and transform images, adjust image colors, apply various special effects, or draw text, lines, polygons, ellipses and Bézier curves.
Overall, Shell Tools is a great software that offers a lot of customization, which is not available in Windows directly. It saves time if you use these features often.