It’s frustrating and annoying when you cannot log in to your account. When trying to login, if you receive an error message saying you are locked out of your Google account, this post will help you fix the problem.
Locked Out of Your Google Account? Try These
You can use the following methods to recover your Google account from the lockdown state.
- Unlock Gmail Captcha
- Reset Google Account Password
Depending on the situation, you can use any of these methods to recover. It usually happens when there is suspicious activity or too many failed login attempts.
1] Unlock Gmail Captcha
I just found this URL of Google, which allows you to unlock your Google Account if it sometimes happens to you for some unknown reason.
This page lets you unlock your google account if you provide the correct username, password, and CAPTCHA displayed on this form. While we cannot guarantee that it will work, it might if there are no major issues. Keep it bookmarked and handy.
There are many reasons why your account gets locked, and here is the list of reasons which includes improper use of Gmail account using IMAP or POP to any browser issue.
2] Reset Google Account Password
Here’s how you can recover your Google account password:
- Open https://myaccount.google.com/
- In the login screen, tap on Need help?
- Type your email address and press the Next button.
- Google will ask you to input your password and press the Next button.
- If you do not remember it, click on Try Another Way. Google will present different questions related to your account that will help you reset it. After you use one such way, you will receive a verification code to your recovery email/phone number.
- It might be that you haven’t added any recovery contact information. In such a case, Google will prompt you to enter an email id or phone number where you can access the verification code.
- Type the verification code into the Account Recovery screen.
- Please enter a new password, and type it again in the Confirm password field.
- Now, tap on Change password.
Your password will then be successfully reset. You can now use the email ID and password to log in to your Google account, which was initially locked out.
Being locked out of your Google Account account is troublesome. The good part is that you can fix it quickly. All you have to do is recover your username and reset your password through the account recovery wizard. Further, you can log in with new credentials easily.
If you have set up two-step verification, then the method is a bit tricky. But it’s not impossible to log in. Google does not disappoint its users. It’s rather too concerned about their account security.
When Are You Locked Out of Your Google Account?
A Google account lockout can be pretty frustrating. When you can make out that you are unable to log in, then chances are that you are locked out of your Google Account. You are locked out of your account in the following situations:
- You have forgotten your username
- You do not remember your password
- Your two steps verification contact is inaccessible
- The worst scenario is when someone hacks your account and changes your credentials
- Google often thinks that you are spamming the account recovery wizard
Since you are locked out of your account, it becomes essential to get rid of it. The following section is a rescue for the same. It is noteworthy that often it takes a bit longer, like 48 hours or even 3-5 days, for Google to get back to you. It usually takes longer if Google fails to verify that it’s you.
How Do I Get Into My Google Account if I’m Locked Out?
If you are locked out of your Google account, you must go to the account recovery wizard. Further, you will have to recover your email username and reset your password. If you have set up a two-step verification step and do not have access, you will be prompted to enter an email or number where Google will send you a verification code.
How Long Does It Take for Google To Unlock Your Account?
Google rarely sends you your username instantly. Often you have to wait for 3 to 5 days after you go through the Captcha successfully. It will send you the details associated with your Google account via the recovery email or phone number you provided. The time taken will be more if you have set up two-step verification.
Why Does It Take 48 Hours To Recover a Google Account?
It often takes 48 hours for Google to recover your account. This is because your one would usually be delayed between many account recovery requests. Moreover, for security reasons, Google also tries to verify that you are an authentic user. Besides, if Google thinks you are spamming the account recovery wizard or you are a hacker, then your request will be rejected.