Twitter has lately become popular mode of communication over the Internet, people have their own ways and requirement, and Twitter encapsulates them all, rendering a customized mode of communication.
Followers and friends keep sending updates as feeds, and to stay updated with these feeds, you need to keep refreshing the page manually.
Today I am going to talk about a nice desktop application, Tweet Deck, which allows you to manage your feeds, post Tweets without browser log-in etc. You can minimize it to make it sit silently until the next update in the system tray.
Features of Tweet Deck –
- Create groups of friends, and see their updates in one column, create as many groups as you want to keep the feeds organized.
- Tweet up from the Tweet Deck, use your favorite URL shortener, Type more than 140 characters using Tweet Shrink which is a replacement to Twitzer FF Plugin
- Customize almost everything, Location of Tweet window, Notification sounds, Width of Columns, Colors and Fonts, Time difference between updates etc.
- Search Twitter from the button above the Tweet Post window on top, and results opens in a new column.
- See the profile of Twitter user, in the Tweet Deck, as shown below.
- Easily search for particular Tweets using the Filter button in the bottom of every column.
- It has handful of other options to make your twittering smother, these features can be overviewed here.
So these was probably all about Tweet Deck, it is definitely a powerful application, which brings your Twitter to your desktop as an application, rendering a very convenient mode of Twittering, it has capability of making Twitter even to a lazy person like me.
Download Tweet Deck (Oh yes, looks like I missed on something, you need to install Adobe AIR before you go for Tweet Deck)