If you have always hated pressing combination of Power Button and Volume up and down key when using recovery mode in Android, You need to try TWRP or Team Win Recovery Project which is completely touch based and can be installed using any of the recovery module you already have. It works with CWM which I had and installing TWRP worked.
Also with ICS available for Nexus S, One of the Devs, tylerwatt12, has created a ICS Theme for the TWRP which can be installed by just placing the theme files inside the TWRP folder, no Installation required.
Steps to Install TWRP : ( Standard procedure Actually, Somebody should change it !! )
- Download Flashable TWRP from Android Creative Syndicate Thread, Thanks to QBKing77 to make this flashable.
- Connect your phone into USB Storage mode and push the file to it.
- Next Boot into recovery mode and Do a Cache Wipe Partition and Wipe Del-vk Cache.
- Next Choose Install Zip from SD Card and Choose the TWRP Zip File.
- Reboot and Reboot into recovery again and TWRP should be installed.
To get the ICS Theme :
- Download the UI theme from here
- Connect the Phone in Storage Mode and Add the zip as is in TRWP Folder under Theme Folder which you need to create.
- Once you have added the zip file, reboot into recovery and TWRP will have ICS Theme should be there.