It so happened today on my iPad that any application I launched closed after a couple of seconds of running. It was happening with all iPad Games, Safari Browser and even the App Store. I had no idea what should I be doing as iPad doesn’t have a restart option somewhere in the iOS which I can use and what was strange that even after closing all the apps, it kept on crashing and sometimes was freezing.
After making a quick search on Apple Support site, I found the procedure was too easy. Follow the steps as below :
- You need to use the combination of Home Button and the Sleep,Wake Button on the iPad.
- Home Button is the circular button while the Sleep Wake Button is the rectangular button on top of your iPad.
- Now to reset, hold the Home Button and Rectangular button together for at least 10 seconds, as the support says.
- This will change the screen and bring a slide to turn off button on the screen. If you slide, it will turn off the iPad.
- Now if you hold both the buttons for couple of seconds more, It will reset the iPad and you will see the Apple Logo on the screen.
- Next you will see the Home Screen of your iPad or prompted by the pass code if you had set it up.
Video Demo :
Below is small video demonstrating how you can reboot, reset or turn off your iPad when it gets slow :
If you are new to iPad check out more tips iPad