Transferring small files, links, and documents between your PC and smartphone is tedious. Gone are the days when you had to email those images, links, files, and docs. While some people still prefer to use Email or messaging platforms like WhatsApp for the same, there is a neater and well-integrated way to do this. Opera browsers on PCs and smartphones have an Opera My Flow feature, allowing seamless files and text transfer between devices. In this article, we will learn what and how to use Opera My Flow.
What Is My Flow in Opera?
My Flow is an exclusive feature in the Opera browser for PCs and smartphones. Opera My Flow is an encrypted space that connects your PC to your smartphone for a seamless transfer of files, text, links, images, and documents. The features use the internet and do not require both devices to be on the same network. Opera My Flow conversations and files that are shared through Opera My Flow are automatically cleared in 48 hours or as the user removes them.
Now that you know what Opera My Flow is and how it works, let’s learn how to use it. We will also look at some common issues and how to fix them.
How to Use Opera My Flow
In this section, we will explore how to use Opera My Flow and some standard features in Opera My Flow. Here’s all that’s covered:
- How to Use Opera My Flow In Opera Browser
- How to Use Opera My Flow in Opera Gx
- How to Add Multiple Devices to Opera My Flow
- How to Delete Opera My Flow Content
Let’s now proceed with learning about these in detail.
1] How to Use Opera Flow in Opera Browser
Using Opera My Flow in Opera Browser is a simple process. Before proceeding with the steps, install the Opera browser on your smartphone. Here’s how to use Opera My Flow in Opera Browser:
- Open Opera Browser on your PC and smartphone.
- In the bottom of the left pane in the browser, click on the triple dot icon, and the sidebar will expand.
- Enable the toggle for My Flow in the special features section in the expanded sidebar.
- Once allowed, you will see a send arrow icon (Opera My flow icon) in the left sidebar. Click on it to open Opera My Flow.
- Now, click the Reveal QR Code button in Opera My Flow.
- In the Opera browser on your smartphone, click on the profile icon in the bottom right. This will open a menu. Find Flow there and open it.
- Now, please proceed with the on-screen instructions to connect Opera My Flow. This will open the QR code scanner. Scan the QR code to connect your smartphone to Opera on your desktop.
Related: What is Opera Dial? How to use it?
2] How to Use Opera My Flow in Opera GX
Using My Flow Opera GX follows steps identical to the Opera browser. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Opera GX browser on your smartphone and PC.
- In the Opera GX app on your PC, head over to the triple dot icon in the left sidebar and click on it to expand the sidebar.
- Find the My Flow option in the special features section and enable it.
- You will see the Opera My Flow icon in the left sidebar. Click on it, then click on the Reveal QR code button in the open sidebar window. This will reveal a QR code.
- Head to Opera GX on your smartphone and click the settings icon in the bottom right. Find the Flow option there and open it.
- Proceed with the onscreen instructions to open the QR code scanner. Once scanned, your PC and smartphone are connected through Opera My Flow.
3] How to Add Multiple Devices to Opera My Flow
If you have multiple devices or want to facilitate easy data sharing in your organization or team, you can add multiple devices to your Opera My Flow. Here’s how to do it:
- In Opera My Flow, click the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Now, in the settings, you will see the currently connected devices and a connect a phone button. Click on it.
- Now, it will display a QR code as usual. Scan it using Opera on your other device, and it will added to your Opera My Flow.
No Opera flow confirmation code is sent to any of the connected devices.
4] How to Delete Opera My Flow Content
Sometimes, you might want to clear all the chats or files or have a fresh start by wiping all the connections and files. Here’s how you can delete Opera My Flow Content:
- Click on the settings icon in the top right corner of the Opera My Flow sidebar.
- The last two options in the settings are Clear My Flow and Delete My Flow.
- The Clear My Flow button clears all the chats, files, and links shared in My Flow, while the Delete My Flow wipes everything, including the connected devices, off.
- Click on either one of them and proceed.
This article taught us what Opera My Flow is and how to use it. Opera is a feature-packed Chromium-based browser. It means it supports all the functions of Google Chrome with many features on top. If you want to enhance your browsing experience with many useful features, then Opera or Opera GX browser should be considered. We hope you found the article to be helpful. Please make sure that you share it with everyone.
What Does Opera Do With My Data?
My Flow is an encrypted space shared by Opera Touch and your Opera computer browser that enables you to send files, links, YouTube videos, photos, and personal notes and access them from any connected phone or computer anytime. My Flow supports the playback of videos and audio files. Content will be retained in My Flow for two days or until deleted.
Case #1: Delete Content on Computer
In case you’re willing to delete the content, you need to follow the steps:-
- Go to my flow on your computer.
- Click on settings in the top right corner.
- At the bottom, click on clear.
- It will ask if you are sure about clearing the data; click clear again.
Case #2: Delete Content on Phone/Tablet
Similarly, if you wish to delete data from your phone or tablet, then these are the steps you need to follow:-
- Open Opera on your phone/tablet.
- Go to Opera My Flow and tap the three dots in the right corner.
- Click on Clear content.
- Confirm again.
Does Opera Block Social Trackers?
Yes, Opera blocks social trackers. It blocks the trackers from collecting data, which helps load pages faster and protects your system from malicious codes. Its fraud and malware protection warns you about suspicious websites and pages.
Opera Flow QR Code Not Working (Opera Flow Not Working)
When Opera My Flow QR code does not work, the simple fix is to do the whole process again to generate a new QR code and then try scanning it. While scanning the QR code, ensure both devices have a stable internet connection. If the QR Code still doesn’t work, proceed with an Emergency Reset by clicking on the triple dot icon in the top left corner of the window.
Opera Flow Connection Error
If there is a connection error with Opera My Flow, the chances of unstable internet connectivity on either of the devices are greater. Close Opera on both devices and check internet connectivity. You can delete My Flow content from the settings and reconnect the devices if the connectivity is proper.
Opera My Flow Not Loading
If Opera My Flow is not loading on your PC, the right way to do it is to restart Opera Browser and see if My Flow works appropriately. If not, proceed with an Emergency Reset by clicking on the triple dot icon in the top left corner of the window.