Are you looking for your saved documents in Windows 10? Many Windows 10 users revealed an unusual problem, such as files and folders disappearing from their computer.
The My Documents folder is an integral part of the user profile and is a convenient place for storing personal data like text files or any Microsoft Office files. My Documents folder is now called the Documents folder. In this guide, we will help you to find the My Documents folder in Windows 10.
Where are My Documents located in Windows 10?
In Windows 10, all the applications and folders are not set as default on the desktop. You have to create or access it using another option; this is why Windows 10 is more efficient as space management and accessibility is specific and adequately arranged. Follow these methods to locate your documents quickly:
- Accessing it via File Explorer
- Using Run Prompt
- Using the Start menu
Let’s follow these steps one by one to find out where all documents are stored in Windows. We will also talk about how you can change the default location and how Windows stores the documents.
1] Accessing it via File Explorer
The fastest way to get your documents folder is the File Explorer. Follow these steps to access your file through a file explorer:
- Click CTRL + X and choose File Explorer.
- Click on the Documents folder under the Quick Access section.
- Here you will get all your saved documents. Click on the file to open it.
Check if you found your documents.
2] Using Run Prompt
You can also find it in the Run prompt if you cannot find it this way. Follow these steps to do so:
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard.
- Type %userprofile%\Documents > press the Enter key.
- It will open the Documents folder.
Check for your files there.
3] Using Start Menu
The Windows 10 Start menu does not display the Documents folder or folders like Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos by default. Follow these steps to re-enable them.
- Right-click an empty area on the Desktop and select Personalize.
- Click Start on the left side of the Personalization window and select Start.
- Click Choose which folders appear on Start.
- Change the Documents option or any of the other options from Off to On.
On the left-bottom side of the Start menu, you’ll find a Documents option. Look for your saved documents.
The documents folder location is changed?
If your computer has multiple partitions, you may want to change the location of one or more of your user folders. It will become easier to find your documents. Follow these steps to change the location of your file:
- Open File Explorer > Documents folder
- Click on Properties > Location tab > click on Find target to open the changed location.
- Click on Restore Default to restore the location of the file.
- Now, click Move and browse the new location for your file.
- Click Select Folder > OK > Yes.
All your files will shift to the new location from the old spot.
Where are your documents saved on Windows 10?
In Windows, you can save documents in this directory by default. The first time you save a notepad file, it will save in this folder. It is always possible to change it.
In the same way, Microsoft Office files are saved in the Documents folder by Windows. Therefore, if you cannot locate the document, open the Documents folder and see if it is there.
In addition, you can use the application’s Save as a menu to locate the last folder where you saved your documents.
I hope this post will help you to find My Documents in Windows 10.