Forgetting the login credentials for the Google Admin Account is frustrating. Things become worse if you are locked out of your Workspace account. With Google Apps, work becomes more manageable, convenient, and organized. Many of you cannot work without Google Apps. In such a scenario, resetting account credentials becomes a must. This post will share details on how you can reset Google Workspace Admin Account.
How to Reset Google Workspace Admin Password?
Resetting a Google Workspace Admin account is easy. However, clear all your cookies or use incognito mode before resetting. Once you reset, you will be logged out of all existing sessions.
- Reset Admin Account Password
- Configure Google Apps After Changing your Admin Account Password
These two methods will help you reset your Google Workspace Admin Account.
1] Reset Admin Account Password
You can reset your admin account password by visiting the admin account console page. Further, you can enter the login screen and easily reset your password using the forgot password option.
Here’s how you can reset your Google Workspace admin account password:
- Go to the Admin Account Console login page
- Enter the email ID associated with the admin account and click on Forgot Password
- You will receive a verification code in your recovery email; enter it in the Account Recovery window when prompted
- Press the Next button
- Please type your password in the Password box and press enter to confirm it.
- Click on Save Password
- Press the Continue button, and you will be taken back to your Admin page
You have now successfully reset your admin account password.
2] Configure Google Apps After Changing your Admin Account Password
Now, as you have reset your admin account password, you will have to configure Google Workspace to reflect the changes. This is because after you reset your password, you must reset your cookies. Therefore, Google will sign out your account from all its apps.
Sign in with your new credentials for Google web apps like Drive, Gmail, Photos, Calendar, or similar. Besides, if you use the Android apps, log in with your new credentials, and you are good to go. Things are a bit different if you own an iOS. Your Google Admin Account will be automatically removed from your iPhone. You will have to add an account and then log in to your account using the new password.
How to Recover Administrator Access Using Automated Recovery?
There are some situations where you will have to recover administrator access. Google Automated Recovery method that helps you forget your email id or password but can access the recovery email or phone number. It becomes easier if you have access to the recovery email.
- If you Set Up Email or Phone Recovery
- If You Did Not Set Up Email or Phone Recovery
These are two different methods you must follow to recover administrator access.
1] Email or Phone Recovery
Recovering your administrator account access is easy if you have set up a recovery email or number. There are two cases where you are in it: you might either forget your password or email the Admin Account.
Case #1. Recover Admin Account if you Forgot Password with Recovery Email or Phone Number
You cannot recover your Admin account password, but you can reset it!
Follow the steps below to recover the admin account password if you have set up recovery information:
- Visit https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery and enter your email ID
Name: Visit Account Recovery Image If you Set Up Email or Phone Recovery Information
- Press the Next button and then click on Try Another Way.
- You will receive a verification code on your recovery email or number
- Further, you will be prompted to follow some on-screen instructions and receive your admin access.
- Alternatively, Google may even send you a support email wherein you can connect with them.
You will likely remember your email ID if you use your Admin account sparingly.
Case #2. Recover the Admin Account Email Address with Recovery Email or Phone Number
You cannot change your existing email username. The good part is that Google lets you recover your admin account email address. Having a recovery email or phone number thus helps in it.
Follow the steps below to recover the admin account username with added recovery information:
- Open https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery in your web browser
- Tap on the Forgot email option
- Input your recovery email and press the Next button
- You will be prompted to enter the full name that you have added to the admin account.
- You will receive a code or link on your recovery email or phone number. Furthermore, you will recover your admin account email with some simple prompts.
2] If You Did Not Set Up Email or Phone Recovery Information
There might be multiple reasons why you need recovery information on your email or phone number. One of the most common causes includes that you do not have access to the recovery email or phone number. In such a scenario, you must verify your Google Workspace.
Here’s how you can verify and recover your admin account without recovery information:
- Open https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery and input your admin account email.
- Press the Next button and then click on Try Another Way.
- Keep clicking on try another way till the Account Recovery screen with a list of 5 elements pops up! First, Google will prompt you to add a CNAME to your domain.
- Add a CNAME record, wait for some time, and then hit the Next button.
- The Create Password screen will pop up if Google fetches another CNAME record for you.
- After creating a new password, you are all set to go.
If Google doesn’t find a CNAME record, you will have to enter a secondary email that you can access. Then tap Next, and you will receive a verification code on the secondary email.
Further, enter that code into the recovery wizard and press the Next button. Google will then find a new CNAME record, and you will receive a password reset link.
It will recover your administrator account access.
You would have gotten your answer about the ways to reset your Google Workspace admin account. You must reset the password and cookie data and configure your Google apps when you forget the password. Further, if you want to recover the administrator account, you can use the automated recovery method.
If you get the error—This domain has already been registered with Google Apps. Please contact your domain administrator for instructions on using Google Apps with this domain—even when you haven’t registered, then this page points to a lot of alternatives to find a solution and this page specifically has the solution where you can reset your domain admin password via file upload or CNAME change.