FileMenu Tools is a small application that adds several new options when installed on your system, making your work straightforward and accessible. You can add many options for which you will have to take multiple steps, and the best is you can organize the right-click menus in your way.
Enhance the Windows 11/10 right-click options menu
Let us have a quick walkthrough of the in-built utilities of FileMenu Tools.
- Synchronize Folders – Synchronize the contents of one folder with another; several options are available for efficient sync.
- Advanced Delete or Extended Delete – Deletes specific file types from a folder. The file types are specified with extensions, e.g., *.exe will delete all the executable files from the specified folder and find the files.
- Find And Replace – Finds and replace a text in all selected files. You can use regular expressions to specify the specific patterned non-identical text.
- Advanced Renamer – Renames all the selected elements by using some patterns.
- Delete Locked File – Locked files currently being used by some particular program, and don’t allow user access, can also be deleted forcibly.
- Delete and no move to Recycle Bin – the Shift-Delete operation
- Change Icon – Change the icon assigned to the selected folder.
- Run with Parameters – Run a program with parameters typed through a dialog box.
- Command Line From Here – Open a command line window and go to the selected folder.
- Split File – This allows you to split files to exploit the file transfer services and storage devices with limited file size handling capabilities by dividing them into small sections.
- Join File Copy to – opposite of above, join the parts.
- Move to – The cut and paste option.
- Copy Name and Copy Path – Set of Copy commands; choose the exact copy operation, Name or Path
- Copy Content – This is slightly confusing. When you choose a folder and perform this operation, it copies the name of all the files present in the folder (including the hidden files, too). During the copy process, it also copies the contents of the file. However, It works fine with .txt files only.
- Paste Clipboard
- Attributes – Change or set the attributes for files, folders, and subfolders.
- Change Time – Change the time of access, modify, and create on the files.
- Size of Folders – Get the folder’s size with the fine details of subfolders and their share in folder size.
- Shred Files – Permanently removes the files from the Storage device, four different files to overwrite the memory, to make all the recovery options impossible.
- Send to mail recipient – Send the selected file via email as an attachment.
That’s mainly about the built-in utilities of FileMenu Tools; apart from this, you can create the utilities for yourself. You can choose the ‘Configure FileMenu Tools,’ which is the first option in the bunch of FileMenu Tools.
As shown above, you can
- Enable or disable particular utility options by merely unchecking or checking them.
- Add a new command and define new properties to specify the program and its behavior.
- Options can be brought up or down the list.
- Separators can be added to a group or ungroup the utilities.
I found this tool extremely helpful, a perfect utility and the level of customization it has is incredible. The only drawback is that the menu enlarges a lot if you don’t choose the options according to your requirement and disable the ones you don’t need. As it is just an addition to access your preexisting applications quickly and easily, talking about its behavior on resources doesn’t make any sense. Once loaded at the startup, it wouldn’t require additional resources later.
Try this tool and have your say. I hope you like it. Download FileMenu Tools