We have been hearing about news related to upcoming Windows 8. Here is the news – Windows 8 will have a Built-in PDF Reader, named as Modern Reader, this is great news for sure. Having a PDF Reader of its own is probably a feature every Windows user has been dreaming for long. Paul Thurrott revealed this in his post recently that –
- Windows 8 will have a built-in PDF Reader.
- And this PDF Reader will be the first app that utilizes the new AppX (APPX is a platform-independent, database-independent Rapid Application Development (RAD) and runtime environment) application package type. Check Out Long Zheng details on this.
Here are some of the snapshots of the PDF Reader –
Looking at these snapshots, and the post which revealed that Windows 8 will have a PDF Reader of its own, the features are as follows –
- The application will have a minimalistic UI, and simple to use.
- Reader will have features like Zoom, and easy Navigation between pages.
- Side-by-side page views, probably for the book like reading experience (a much sought feature in PDF Readers).
I am sure this news will definitely add smile to the faces of Widows users, it’s not that there was any shortage of PDF readers in past, we had options, but having it built-in is definitely great.
Other Windows 8 related posts you may be interested in –
- Metro Theme coming to Windows 8
- Windows 8 to have inbuilt Sync to Web
- Download Windows 8 Wallpaper ( UnOfficial )